A Governor's Introduction to School Marketing
The role of the school governor or trustee is becoming even more important when it comes to the strategic direction of a school. Your combined skills set as a governing body will require a range of professional knowledge ranging from key organisational functions like finance, HR, legal, property and estates management to marketing and public relations. In addition, experience of organisational change will be of huge benefit when it comes to supporting the senior leaders of a school. Education marketing is a skill all of its own, particularly when working on strategic direction and school development, using marketing disciplines to effect positive change linked to visioning, cultural transformation, pupil recruitment, public profile and protecting or enhancing your school's reputation.
- Learn about the importance of research and data for strategic marketing purposes
- Enhance your understanding of vision, ethos, values and key messages linked to the school’s culture
- Understand the importance of your school managing its reputation and the impact this has on pupil numbers, morale and parental/community engagement
- Effective use of a school’s marketing, training or recruitment budget for maximum impact and return on investment: learn about marketing techniques that your school can start to implement immediately, and in many cases, at little or no cost
Upcoming Workshops - 5:00-5:45pm
- Wednesday 8th February 2023