We are delighted to be launching our first-ever How to Academy!
We will be launching a series of downloadable workshops to share best practice on school websites, school photography, school movies, promotional materials, signage, storytelling and social media. Be sure to follow us on social media and join our database to the first in the know! A practical guide to school signage
A practical guide to school signage
The kerb appeal of your school as well as its internal appearances is not only very important in creating a quality first impression for prospective families and staff, but in creating a sense of community and pride for your current pupils and staff.
Internal and external signage should be a key part of every school’s marketing strategy. They provide the opportunity to reinforce your school’s brand, share your vision and values, encourage brand loyalty, showcase successes, boost internal pride and cultivate community spirit, to name a few.
- Why you should invest in school signage
- Top tips on technical considerations
- How to use school signage strategically
Complete the form below to download our free workshop to find out how you can improve your kerb appeal, transform unused wall space and revive old signs and displays.
A practical guide to school websites
Your school website is your ‘shop window’ to communicate with the widest range of stakeholders and is often the first port of call for Ofsted, prospective parents, staff, businesses and the wider community.
Keep checking back to download our free workshop where the Grebot Donnelly team, and special guests, will take you through how to strategically design, populate and use your school website to effectively communicate with both your internal and external stakeholders.
- How to strengthen your brand identity through your website design
- How to ensure a logical and easy user journey for all stakeholders
- Strategic content to communicate your school’s vision, unique selling points and key messages
- What is a content management system (CMS)
- Website analytics
- How to choose a school website provider
A practical guide to school photography
They say a picture paints a thousand words and nothing makes a better impression than professionally taken photographs that showcase your school’s unique curriculum, extensive enrichment offer and/or fantastic facilities. So what does a successful photography shoot look like?
Keep checking back to download our free workshop where the Grebot Donnelly team, and special guests, will provide the answers.
- Why you should invest in a professional photography shoot
- How to ensure the images you capture communicate your school’s vision and key messages whilst demonstrating both the pupil and staff experience
- Top tips on putting together a photography brief and schedule
- Top tips to consider before taking the shot
- How and where to use your photography
A practical guide to school movies
In today’s digital age, we want information fast; we would prefer to spend 2-3 minutes watching a short video that encapsulates a broad offer/product than spend 10-15 minutes reading text that does not always provide the information we are looking for. Video as a means of marketing is no longer an optional extra – it is a necessity.
Keep checking back to download our free workshop where the Grebot Donnelly team, and special guests, will take you through how you should use video marketing to promote your school.
- Why you should invest in a professional school movie
- Video storyboard planning
- Top tips to consider before and during the video shoot
- Editing your final movie clip
- How and where to use your professional school movie
A practical guide to promotional materials
With the huge shift for schools to focus their efforts and budgets digital marketing, does this mean printed marketing materials are less important in today’s world? Certainly not. A professionally designed and informative prospectus or leaflet, a captivating postcard with a clear call-to-action, and an engaging school newsletter filled with inspiring good news and success stories all offer a great opportunity to raise your school’s profile, showcase your school’s USPs and key messages, and convince prospective families to choose your school over your competitors.
Keep checking back to download our free workshop to find out how to strategically put together and use a wide range of printed marketing materials to communicate your school’s brand and key message.
- The importance of print in a digital world
- How to choose the right marketing material for your goal / target audience
- Considerations when designing your printed marketing materials to ensure you are communicating and strengthening your brand identity
- How to ensure your content strategically communicates your school’s vision, unique selling points and key messages
- Using print to drive your target audience to your website and social media channels
A practical guide to storytelling
Keep checking back to download our free workshop to discover how you can create content and use storytelling to bring your unique vision and pupil experience to life.
- Shifting tone of voice and writing for the reader
- Techniques to make copy more interesting
- Headline writing
- Writing for different media
A practical guide to social media
Social media is an ever increasingly popular way for your school to engage with your stakeholders. Keep checking back to download our free workshop and learn about how to build and manage your reputation of your school through the power of social media.
- Identifying the right platforms for your target audience
- Creating and implementing a social media strategy
- Growing your followers
- Time-saving tools and tricks
- Handling negative comments on social media
- Using social media in a crisis